Click here for more detailed information
(-)459 to (+)392 F
1 million flex cycles
.062" to 6.5" widths
Polyimide (Kapton ®)
IR Focal Plane
50 AWG to 14 AWG Twisted pairs
S/S, Manganin, Phosphur
Up to 200 Conductors
Widths from .0625" to 6.5"
Thicknesses from .0025"
Vacuum Deposited (Au, Al, Cu)
Shieled Twisted Pair
Hi-Density: .025", .050" Centers
Uralane, Polyurethane, Cryogenic
(-) 459 to 392 F
1 Million Flex Cycles
||Cryogenic Shielded Twisted Pair Ribbon Cable
- NASA Space Flight Qualified 24 twisted pairs 40 AWG manganin wire.
- Light weight: 28 inch lengths are less than 15 grams.
- EMI Shielding: Vacuum deposited aluminum shield, 800 to 1,200 angstroms thick.
- Low capacitance: between wires in a twisted pair, 5 pF/ft
This shielded twisted pair ribbon cable is used for the transmission of electrical power and
signals from varying scientific instruments for a Cryogenic Telescope Assembly (CTA) -
||Robotic Device Flexible Cable Assembly
- Laminate construction of Kapton®, FEP, and Teflon film encasing an etched copper foil conductor. Multiple complex cable configurations are used together in this assembly.
- The assembly includes: controlled impedance, shielded, and unshielded configurations. Cables are terminated to connectors and potted.
- Cable operating temperature: (-) 65 deg. F to (+) 260 deg. F.
These flexible flat cables are manufactured for the SPECIAL PURPOSE DEXTEROUS MANIPULATOR
(Robotic Arm) - INTERNATIONAL SPACE STATION. Various shapes and lengths are designed to
properly fit the SHOULDER, ELBOW, and WRIST of the SPDM. The cable harness contains from 9 to 25
layer stack ups.
|| Ultra Miniature Ribbon Cable
- .0625" width, nine conductor gold plated .0018" dia. nickel conductor cable.
- Extremely light weight: 7.5 miles of cable per satellite weights less than 15 lbs..
- Temperature range: from (-) 330 to (+) 392 deg. F.
- Outer surface of cable is shielded with 4000 Angstroms of gold.
Miniature cryogenic flat cable is utilized to interconnect optical detector cells on a satellite. This
design was an effective solution where extreme low temperature flexibility at (-) 330 F was essential.
Qualified for DSP Satellite, Mars Missions, and others.
||Solar Panel Harness (Long)
- 51 Traces with interconnect windows along side of harness. Trace width: .210" to .030".
- Total length: 37 feet. Total weight: 4 pounds. Max. thickness of .014".
- Bend radius: 180 degrees. Current: 4.0 Amps per trace. Operational life: 7.5 years.
- Laser trimmed windows. Temperature range from (-) 450 to (+) 390 degrees F.
This extra long solar panel harness is light weight, flexible, and space qualified. Qualification testing
requires 40,000 thermal cycles from (-) 238 to (+) 302 degrees F.
||Cryogenic Focal Plane Ribbon Cable
- Available in multiple combinations of conductor materials, number of conductors, and twisted or straight conductors.
- Nano-type or Micro-D connectors. Ends are stripped or harnessed to connectors.
- Extremely flexible in temperature range of (-) 450 to (+) 392 degrees F.
Qualified for NASA Space Infrared Telescope Facility (SIRTF), Mars Missions, MAP, etc.